COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Following the recent government guidelines regarding non essential social gatherings the Committee has taken the decision to cancel all indoor meetings and field trips until further notice.

Whilst this is very disappointing we feel this is for the best and gives our members a clear decision on the future of our programme of events. As it happens some speakers have already contacted us to cancel future bookings and whilst you could argue the field trips could still go ahead because of being outdoors, but you are still sharing cars, using supermarket cafes and obviously we do not know whether the reserves may close in the future.

This also means the weekend away in May has been cancelled. It was felt better to make the decision now as the balance for the coach hire was due to be paid very soon which would mean a larger loss on any monies you have paid. There is still a small loss of deposit for everyone for the coach booking of £22.00. Sue will be sending cheques for reimbursement to all concerned once we have received a new cheque book from the Bank so please bear with us.

Sue is in the process of contacting everyone who had booked on the trip and Maz will contact the remaining members regarding meeting cancellations.

Any further updates will be added to the website as necessary. We appreciate not all members have access to the website so if you can spread the word to other members that you might see that would be most helpful.

On a happier note if you are staying at home more at least you can pass your time by feeding and watching the birds!

Happy birding and keep safe.